Tuesday, February 26, 2008

FREELANCE WRITING

Freelance writing is alive and well online and offline. I've been freelancing since 2005 and there are many opportunities for writers both here in the Philippines and abroad.

I was a freelance writer for Shepherd's Voice Publications (the company that Bo Sanchez started and which publishes Kerygma, Fish, Mustard, Didache, Companion, Gabay and his books). I also freelanced as a scriptwriter for Gabay, the Tagalog radio program for Radyo Veritas. Abroad, I wrote for Academia-Research (www.academia-research.com). It produces essays and other articles, mostly academic and research papers.

Besides other offline freelance opportunities through contacts in the NGO community, I also write for Information Analysts Corporation. This one is a new thing and is renewable on a monthly basis. We write about the holidays of each assigned nation. Another new venture is the one by Partek Philippines (or Data Search). This one involves summarizing articles from all sorts of media for research purposes. Online, I'm also part of Freelance-writers.net. These are new ventures for me and I'm still waiting which ones are good source of additional money. I'm finding the offerings of Freelance-writers.net a bit dull though at least, it gives me variety from my daily job of writing for religious media and writing general articles for kids.

There are a lot of other freelance sites, depending on what genre you want to write for. In case you're also a writer and you have other leads, I would appreciate linking with you and talking shop.

No comments: